Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving in the Motor Home!



Here are the pictures from our VERY FUN, UNIQUE, Thanksgiving! We decided to go camping in an old motor home that was given to us. We cleaned it up, Kris worked on the engine, and after a few days it was ready for it's maiden voyage! On Wednesday we packed up and headed for Ponderosa (up on the sand dunes). As we were about to our camping spot the engine started having trouble. We pulled into our spot and the engine died! It was raining and we had no cell service. We just turned the heat on, played games while our dinner cooked in the oven and had a PJ party! In the morning we made oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and juice for breakfast. Then Mikayla and I got the rolls ready to rise. It was raining and then started to snow. It was so wet outside that we didn't even get out of the motor home. But we were prepared with games, books, and a DVD player! :o) I put the chicken in the oven around 12:30 and it was smelling good. Kris started to get nervous about the weather and getting the motor home back home. He tried starting the engine again (it had died the night before) and it started up. So...to make a long story short, we turned the oven off, left the rolls on the cupboard to rise, closed things up and headed for home. The second we pulled into the driveway the engine died...we were lucky to have made it home. We turned the oven back on, and finished cooking our dinner. Because of the trip home I didn't have time to make anything besides the chicken and rolls (I had pre-made the pie). We sat at the dinner table as a family and had a YUMMY chicken dinner with rolls and pumpkin pie for dessert! It was a lot of fun. So much fun that we are planning more trips (after the engine issues are worked out of course). After we ate we took the girls inside the house for a nap and Kris and I hung out in the motor home and watched a movie. I love making memories! It was a great Thanksgiving and one we will remember!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That sounds like fun. Hopefully you get it all working good so you can enjoy more outings! I wish we had one!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory and the pictures will help the girls to remember as well. You two are such a fun couple. You always have been. I can remember from day one listening to you two laugh at what seemed to be over nothing. It was a sign that you love each other and have fun with each other.

SLY mom