Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fun Random Shots...

Hello everyone! It's evening, both girls are sleeping and so I thought I would take a minute to put some new pictures on my blog. Things have been going pretty good. The weather is still really nice and so we get out a lot more. Our neighbors (who's back yard we play in) added two new toys to their backyard. I don't have pictures yet but I'll get some soon. There is an airplane that has a propeller that spins and some seats in the middle that you can ride in. It also acts as a teeter-totter (I've never spelled that word before so that is my best guess!). Then there is a fun jungle gym. It's full on park, and it's in the backyard so I don't have to haul the kids to the city park (even though we do enjoy doing that off and on).
Mikayla is really starting to change. She is acting more grown up and is saying a lot more. Her words aren't totally clear but as her mother I know what she is saying. Her newest words are "Coke" and "Indy Boy" (our dog). She signs a lot still and continues to learn more. Kris made the girls a sandbox and Mikayla really likes that. She loves to swing and jump on the trampoline. Her favorite toy is her teddy bear. She sleeps with it and then all day while we are in the house she has it with her. Thank goodness she knows that he doesn't leave the house. He has a special little spot that we have her put him when we leave the house and she's really good about that. I don't want that bear lost so we keep him in tight quarters! :o) Mikayla's hair is getting quite long. I tried to pull it all back in a pony tail the other day but it's still too short for that. But, I lover her piggy tails so I don't mind. She is a very helpful and kind big sister. Mikkel had her two month shots last week and Mikayla came with us (no babysitter). When Mikkel cried when getting poked Mikayla cried too. When Mikkel is happy so is Mikayla. I can't wait until Mikkel is a little older and they can play together. But, I am enjoying the now so don't get me wrong.
Mikkel is now two months old. Her neck is getting much better. She goes to PT twice a week, but starting next week she'll only go once a week. She will voluntarily turn her head to the left and that is what we were wanting to happen. Good Job Mikkel! She still has a rash off and on. It must be detergent or soap. We are trying to figure it out. Also she has really dry skin. That is getting better but it takes putting expensive lotion on her twice daily. To add to those things, she also has cradle cap. It isn't too bad but I have to use special shampoo on her head once a week and every time I wash it I have to scrub it with a little brush. But, Mikkel is the most content and happy baby. She sleeps great, eats great and even when she is having her neck worked on at PT she is content. I love that little girl! I love both my girls. What a blessing to be their mom.
Kris is doing good. Keeping busy with work and around the house. He built a very nice sandbox for the girls and he has almost finished Mikkel's crib. All he needs to do to finish the crib is touch up some of the pink and put it all together. Mikkel had a temporary bed but it will be nice to have her in her very own crib.
Well, here are a few random shots of all of us. As you can tell, I'm usually the one behind the camera so there aren't many pictures of me. I need to pass the camera to Kris more often.
Enjoy...

Mikayla hanging out in her little nook. She'll take her bear and sit in there.

Mikayla trying on my shoes. The absolutely darling dress she is wearing is from her one and only aunt Jen Jen.


Mikayla talking to herself in the mirror. I've noticed that when she throws a fit she likes to go the mirror and watch. What a girl!!!

Mikayla giving Mikkel a kiss to help her stop crying.


Kris being very domestic.

A sweet smile!

Ok Mikayla, you grew out of that 5 months ago. Time to let go!


Kris' 'Healthy' breakfast. Scrambled egg with tons of cheese, a chocolate donut with chocolate frosting, and here comes the healthy part, a carrot. Kris was so proud of this breakfast that he took this picture. What a funny guy! (whom I love VERY much)

Mikayla and I about two months ago.
Lovin' the swing.
Checking out the chickens. Picking one out for dinner! (not really)
Kris and Mikayla at the temple
Sleeping Beauties!

(I think they look a lot a like in this picture)

3 comments:

Jon and Janice said...

Oh how fun all these pictures are. I'm glad you had a minute to put them out for all to see. You have a cute cute family and I'm glad to see you all well and happy.

SLY mom

Sara Walker said...

Chris' breakfast made me laugh so hard! I'm really jealous of the playset in the backyard!! Very fun.
Sara

Anonymous said...

trying to post a comment, I can't ever seem to get one sent so I'm going to try with a none informational message. mom