Mikayla signing 'Dad'. It was a really windy day if you couldn't tell by looking at her piggies.
Mikayla playing with the chicken
This is how Mikkel enjoys the back yard...hanging out in the jogger.
Mikkel is starting to enjoy toys. She has liked looking at them but now will reach out for them.
Things are going great! The weather has been absolutely enjoyable which allows us to go out and enjoy. We've been doing yard work and are also working on getting our garden planted. Kris prepared the soil (tilled in some mulch) and now we are going to get planting. We plan on putting in tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers.... We'll find all sorts of good things to plant.
Now that the weather is so beautiful I can take the girls outside to play. Our neighbors (Mosdells) have a fun play set with swings, a slide, and a climbing wall. There is also a trampoline. So, we go out back and Mikayla can have all sorts of fun. I either take the baby monitor out and listen for Mikkel while she sleeps or put her in the jogger and bring her out with us. It's been really fun to watch Mikayla enjoy the yard toys. They also have chickens and she likes to get as close as she can to them. She will 'bach' like a chicken anytime the word chicken is said. It's funny because we'll be eating chicken for dinner and she will start to 'bach'. She will bark like a dog, moo like a cow, and do a few other little animal sounds. She is talking a lot more and it is so fun. Her signing is becoming better and it has been so fun to see her progress with that.
Mikkel is growing and changing so much. She will be two months on Friday and I just cannot believe how fast time flies. She has had a rash for a while and we are trying to figure out what is bothering her. Her doctor as her going to physical therapy for her neck. Because labor was so rough, she has a tight neck and doesn't like to turn her head to the left. So she goes into physical therapy to have it worked on. It's nothing bad, but just needs to be loosened up so that she uses the full range of motion. The PT gave us some things that we can do on a daily basis to help her progress. She's doing much better now at turning her head. Her hair is still as dark and she hasn't lost any of it, which I'm glad for.
Well, It's getting late and I want to get to bed to here are a few pictures. Enjoy!


3 comments:
Good'day Sweets!
I'm glad you're able to get out with the girls, it makes such a big difference...emotionally...to get out and enjoy the Vitamin D the sun blesses us with!!!
when I saw the 1st picture of Mikkel, for a second I thought it was Eliza...the hair I guess...?
SLY
What cuties you have! I love all the hair that Mikkel has, I wish just one of my babies would have hair. I think that is a wish that will never come true!
Just a side note. . . I have had to take both my babies to a Chiropractor for their neck and back. You might want to check that out as well. I actually took Lindsay to one in Kanab. Of course because I want to give you his name I can't think of it, but he practices out of his house in the ranchos. I will keep thinking and once his name comes to me I will let you know. He also worked on children for free at the time! It really made me nervous the first time I took her, but he did a great job and Lindsay felt so much better when we would leave. You might want to look into that.
I love the pigtails in the wind! So darling. Your children are beautiful. I love when they start to make the animal sounds like a chicken. Mary has done woof around our dog. It is so cute.
Post a Comment