Wednesday, January 30, 2008

They made it!

My parents finally made it to Russia. They flew out Monday, January 28th and safely arrived in Moscow. They have spent one day at work and I'm anxious to hear how things are going for them. I know they are excited and that excitement will make them enjoy all the adventures that await them. A new job, country, language, home...how could there not be adventures around every corner!

I know that keeping my parents and family in the loop of things is important so I just wanted to post some new pictures of Mikayla. She has a few new teeth on top and more on the way. She was slow to get teeth but they are coming in fast now. Poor little thing bit her tongue the other day and she had a little sore on her tongue. She's not use to having sharp little baby teeth!

She is using sign language and that has been a lot of fun. I took ASL at college and so I thought I would teach Mikayla some basics so that she could 'talk' to us before she could use her words. Once she started signing back to me I started adding more words. She is catching on quickly and it's nice to know what she wants instead of guessing. She will be 14 months on Feb. 1st and I just can't believe how fast time flies. Enjoy! sly, bean!

Mikayla...doesn't smile at the camera.

She found this plastic spider to chew on...looks kind of eerie!

She fell asleep reading her book in the car...she must have been pretty tired!

1 comment:

Scott & Jennifer said...

I love the spider in her mouth, that's AWESOME!!!

SLY