Friday, April 22, 2011

Bowling!





















We had a GREAT weekend last weekend! I had to take a test early, early Friday morning in St. George so we decided to go to Mesquite and stay in my parent's home for the weekend; that way I could drive the 30 minutes from Mesquite to St. George instead of the hour and a half from Kanab. We took the girls bowling Friday night at the Virgin River Casino. They had a great time and I'm sure they will be asking to go again the next time we go to Mesquite. The six pound ball (the smallest they had) was pretty heavy for the girls but they had fun. Thank goodness for the bumpers or all our balls would have been gutter balls! :o) In the end Kris and I tied at 116 and I can't remember the girls' totals. Kris and I were in competition mode because who ever lost had to make dinner. Since we tied we made dinner together...which ended up being fun so I'm glad we tied!



The rest of the weekend was so much fun too. Saturday we took the girls to see "HOP" and then later that evening we took the girls to our favorite park in Mesquite. We had the girls' bikes so they played on the slides, and climbing walls and then rode their bikes around the park. They even shared their bikes with a few other kids at the park and fun was had by all.



Every time we go to Mesquite we go to the library and checkout books and movies. My parents don't have a TV so we watch the movies on our mini DVD player that we have for traveling. In the evenings we can kick back, read fun new books and watch movies. Thanks mom and dad for letting us use your house while you are away!

No comments: