Sunday, July 26, 2009

4th of July parade





Well, it's been a while since the 4th but here are a few pictures from the parade. On the 3rd we slept out in the motor home (in the drive way) and had a BBQ. On the morning of the 4th we woke up early to ride our bikes to the FUN RUN. It's a 2.5 mile run and put the girls in the jogger and ran (this is our tradition every year). After the run, we headed home cleaned up and then rode our bikes back up town to watch the parade. We sat by Deb, her boys, and Grandma Sue and Howard. The girls loved collecting candy. Kris brought a little tin box for them to collect their candy in. After the parade we rode up to the park for the festivities up their (games, booths, food, etc). By that time the girls were pretty pooped and so we rode home. By the time we got home they were both zonked out (Mikayla was holding on to her candy though). It was a fun afternoon. The girls took a nap and then we spent the rest of the day with Kim, Deb and the Boys (BBQ, fireworks, etc). It was a fun day! It's one of Kris favorite holidays and we really have a lot of fun! The small town atmosphere is so fun! The fireworks up against the red hills is just fantastic! I wish I had more pictures but as least I have a few from the parade. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

The 4th is one of my favorite holiday's as well. It would be better if Dustin just didn't always have to work it. Oh well some day when we are old he can enjoy it with me.
I totally understand what you mean about the small town stuff. I still love coming to Kanab for the 4th.