Friday, January 25, 2008

Wow!

Well, it doesn't even seem possible but I am 35 weeks pregnant so I don't have much time until tiny two arrives. I'm getting very excited to have her here and apart of our family. Mikayla is going to be a good big sister. Today I decided that I am going to start packing my hospital bag. I didn't pack my hospital bag last time until my water broke and I was in a hurry to get to the hospital so I thought this time I would do it a little different and actually be prepared. But I do have to say that some of the suggested items to take to the hospital seem kind of crazy. My list consists of clothes and personal hygiene items. I might take my own pillow this time but it's not a huge must. After last time, I realized having a decent nursing top would be nice. I wore the hospital nursing gown the whole time and I felt very.....well, just ugly and gross. Also, I'm looking into getting one of those nursing shields. It would be more comfortable nursing tiny two if I had something to cover up with. Last time I would be nursing her and someone would come walking in (the door doesn't lock for privacy). So, anyway...today, I thought I would start collecting a few items to pack. I was a week early with Mikayla and I'm hoping to be early this time too! I'll keep you all posted!

Oh, we've moved Mikayla into another room. She is now not right next to the kitchen and living room where every noise would wake her up. And, Kris is downstairs in his own office and not in our bedroom which is where his office had been the last several months (THANKS MOM & DAD!).

Things are going great! I miss having mom and dad around but I am very excited for the new adventure of living in Russia for two years. They are going to have a great time. Well, Mikayla is now awake so I'd better go and get her out of her crib. Have a great day and I'll talk to everyone later.

SLY,
Bean!!!

2 comments:

The Spencers said...

Sounds like you are going to be very well prepared and ready for the new little bundle of joy to arrive! Hopefully we can see you before but if not, good luck, and we will be waiting to see pictures of the new baby!

Laura said...

Hey there stranger! It was so good to hear from you on our blog. Thanks for the comments. Congrats on your upcoming baby. Mikayla is darling. You all look so happy. Make sure and take the hand sanitizer from the hospital room because you paid for it and it comes in handy with newborns around ;). Keep in touch! We added you to our blogroll.
-Kelly & Laura Griffiths