It's official! My first day of school is February 1, 2011. I'm excited but also a bit nervous. Life is so busy as it is: kids, dog, housework, misc. projects, church, etc. But school is cool, right?! I finished my Associated Degree and went on to complete my Bachelors (and even wanted my Masters) but I never did. In my book, it's never too late to go back and finish what I started what seems forever ago. My thoughts about school vary from moment to moment. There are times when I think, of course I can do this, and other times when I think, I'm I crazy. But in the end the decision is solid, I'm going back to school. My education and work background all fall into the category of Early Childhood Education. That is my passion, that is where I have found the most joy. I love teaching the little guys. They are so excited about learning and I love to make their world of learning fun and exciting. I am pretty sure that teaching little children is one of my talents.
A friend of mine suggested Western Governors University. I started looking into it but never did much more than that, just look. I wasn't quite ready to jump back into the world of writing papers, taking tests, and completing school projects. But one morning I was looking at their website and I decided to at least fill out an application and get more information about the school and their BA in Early Childhood Education. Well, the ball never stopped rolling and before I knew it my transcripts from Dixie and USU had been sent to WGU, the financial aid (FAFSA) paperwork was complete, and I was enrolled! Wow! It was a whirlwind of events but I'm glad I did it and that I will be starting soon. I know once I get started I my nerves will ease up and I will find my groove in the student world again. It will definitely be a different groove than from before because this time I have a husband and two sweet little girls. They can only enhance the the whole experience! :o)
1 comment:
We need to get together more! I can't believe I'm just learning about this on your blog! This sounds exciting for you.
Post a Comment