Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The FLOOD!





























July 30th the rain started to fall. There was lots of thunder and lightening. Then at 4:30 AM Saturday morning I herd shovels scraping the sidewalk. I looked outside and there was Dennise and Spencer Mosdell trying to block off our driveway so all the water would stop running down our driveway into the storage room. I woke up Kris and we got dressed and ran outside. I realized that my dad wasn't awake yet so I ran in the house an woke him and my mom. We all started going to work. There was a river running down the road out side of our house. North of town got hit REALLY hard...by the time it got down to us it wasn't as heavy. By the time I took the pictures the water had receded quite a bit. It was quite an eventful morning. My Grandpa Beazer came out to help and my parents friends that were staying the week. After all the hard muddy work we all cleaned off in the backyard with the hose and went on with our day. The town of Kanab is going to be dirty red for quite awhile! Jen & Joni, all our hard landscaping work got disrupted a bit...its going to take a long time to clean out the rocks (big and little). All the beautiful tilled dirt is now covered in red dirt (kind of like a clay covering). It's all good though. Time and some hard work will get it all cleaned up!

No comments: