Tonight for Family Home Evening we took the girls to the cemetery. Their Grandpa Don Jones is buried there and also there Great Grandma Martin and Aunt Jessica. Jessica (my sister) died 18 years ago on April 30, 1992. Her funeral was on May 2nd. She has been on my mind lately and my mom and I have share a few of our memories about her. My mom mentioned that I let my girls go pick out a balloon and take it to Jessica's grave so that's what we did. We also bought a pinwheel for both Don's and Jessica's (I should have got one for my grandma Martin but I forgot). The last two picture are of a tree that was planted in memory of Jessica at the Kanab Elementary School and has a plaque at the base of the tree. It had been a long time since I had gone and looked at the tree so we decided to stop by. It was a nice evening spent together as a family. Mikayla kept asking Kris where Grandpa Don's house was because she wanted to go see him. We told her that she was going to give the pinwheel to Grandpa Don and so she expected to see him. It brought tears to Kris' eyes as he explained to her that Grandpa Don lives in Heaven. Then she kept asking where Aunt Jessica was. I guess it's tough to wrap a 3 year old mind around death. I am so grateful for the Plan of Happiness that allows families to be together forever. What a blessing it is that Kris and I and our two girls are sealed for TIME AND ALL ETERNITY. :o)
2 comments:
Thanks Kris and Jeana for taking the kids out to check up on Jessica. But it was an extra bonus to also stop in and see their Grandpa and Grandma. The girls look really cute and happy. SLY mom
Awww...this posting about visiting Jessica made me melancholy.
Post a Comment