Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Days 4 & 5...Fun, Fun, Fun!

DAY FIVE...We had a great final day Disneyland. All our family had left already so it was just the four of us hanging out for our final day. We spent the first part of the day in California Adventure and then went to Disneyland. Kris and I love New Orleans area so we decided to have lunch at one of the restaurants there and then we rode the train for a while (around Disneyland for about 3 laps) before we got off in Toon Town and let the girls just play, play, play! We then headed back to California Adventure for the Disney Pixar Parade. While we waited for it to start we sat down on our bench and had some ice cream. The parade was fun and the girls enjoyed it (Mikayla was afraid of a few of the characters but enjoyed most of it). We then went back to Disneyland and had the girls' silhouettes done, bought a few of the last items and then we headed back to the room. It was a fun day and it was sad to say good bye for a while but I think we were ready to get back into our normal life routine.



Ice Cream before the parade!





Final Ride on the Carousel...saying good bye to the horses


The ride for Dumbo was REALLY long (more than the girls could handle after a long day) so we just let them sit in the stationary Dumbo set up for pictures.
DAY FOUR...We had a great start on day 4. Corey invited us to join him for the Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn. The girls got to see all sorts of characters and have their pictures taken with them. At one point, Mikayla fell off her chair and started crying and Minnie Mouse came running over and gave her a big hug and kiss. Mikayla happied right up and it was a cute moment between the two of them. Thanks Corey for inviting us to the Breakfast...the girls absolutely LOVED IT!!! We then headed for It's a Small World. That's a fun little ride that the girls really like. Lots to look at and the music is fun! After the ride the girls were letting me know (whining and crying) that they were ready for a nap so Sue gave me the key to her room at the Grand California and I was headed there to let the girls sleep. Well, it didn't work out quite like that. Mikayla said, "I need to go pee!" so I turned into a bathroom. I had her pants down and was getting ready to put her on the toilet and she peed before she got to the toilet! AAAHH! I had been carrying a clean pair of clothes for the girls the whole trip and on this day I decided I wasn't going to carry them anymore. Well, that wasn't such a great idea because now Mikayla had wet clothes and I didn't have anything to change her into. So instead of going to Sue's room to sleep I headed back for our own room (about a mile or so away). I changed Mikayla's clothes and then put the girls in bed to take a nap...didn't work. They didn't' nap and so we headed back to the park (I rode the bus on the way back). That evening we sat on the curb on Main Street, USA to save a spot to watch the "Celebrate Parade". That was fun! They pull kids from the crowd to join in the dancing and fun and Mikayla got to go out several times...she loved it! I felt bad because Mikayla was out dancing and Mikkel was strapped in her stroller so I took her out to let her do a little dancing. Before I could stop her she had run out into the dancers and found Pooh Bear to say hi and then ran to Tigger to say hi to him. I had to run in after her...after that I didn't feel so bad keeping her strapped into the stroller :o).
Fairy God Mother

Minnie giving Mikayla a hug and kiss after she fell.







Mikayla wasn't quite sure about Captain Hook

Good bye hug

Sleeping on the walk back to our room

Mikayla and Corey having a quite moment...my girls LOVE their Uncle Corey!

Mikayla out with the dancers during the parade!

1 comment:

Jon and Janice said...

What a busy busy day. These memories will last a long time. Let the kids look at the pictures often and they will remember the fun times and the special moments.
SLY mom