
Hello...it's been a while since I've posted anything new and I decided that since I couldn't sleep this morning I would update my blog.
We (my little family) are in Barstow, California. We left Kanab yesterday and met up with our family in St. George, did a little shopping, had lunch and then drove to Barstow. We spent the night here and will drive into Anaheim this afternoon. The rest of our group (Kim & Deb, Cory & Lisa, Sue, Kaylee, and families) are leaving Barstow early this morning and will be going to Disneyland today. We decided to take it easy today and we are going to go to church this morning at 10:00 and then drive into Anaheim and just hang out. Then Monday-Friday we will be doing everything DISNEY!!! We are so excited to take our girls to Disneyland. Since Kris and I are such Disney fans our girls have become so as well.
About a week ago I found an old Disney Calendar that I had and I gave it to the girls to look at. Mikayla loved looking at it and she'd sit with me and ask me to tell her all about the pictures (Disney rides, parades, castle, etc). She just loved the pictures! Friday night when we were packing Mikayla came to me with the calendar and asked me (so nicely and cute) to cut out the picture of the carousel horse. It's a gold horse on the King Arthur Carousel and she is just intrigued with that picture. She wanted to take it with her to Disneyland so she could find that horse to ride. I cut it out (and all the rest of the pictures) and she took it and carefully wrapped it up in a bandana, folded it and set it in a safe place. The next morning she asked me for her horse and I was thinking she wanted a little stuffed horse she got for her birthday. She then remembered where she had put her picture of the horse, retrieved it and got it all ready to take with her. She now has it in her little froggy backpack along with her "Princess and the Frog" swimsuit so she is now ready. So, our first ride at Disneyland is going to be King Arthur's Carousel. I'm really hoping they still have a gold painted horse for my little Disney Princess to ride on (that picture from he calendar is quite old).
Mikkel is quite clueless about what's going on. She is too young to really understand whats going on. She is so easy going though and is just going with the flow. Yesterday when we stopped in St. George for lunch we stopped at a Subway. It is a Subway that is one of many little businesses in a strip mall looking complex. We pulled into the parking lot, Mikayla got out and looked at the building (most of them were empty because it's just being finished) and asked, "Is this Disneyland?". She wouldn't have been disappointed! She is so cute and so excited that I'm so excited to take her to Disneyland. Take both girls for the first time is going to be like going for my first time. All so new and exciting! Mikayla has been so excited about staying in a hotel. Last night she climbed into her bed and told me she never wanted to go home, that she wanted to stay in the hotel forever. This is all going to be so exciting and I just can't wait for the week to unfold!

No comments:
Post a Comment