Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hiking & Tinfoil Dinners...YUM!















Last Saturday we did some yard work and then decided that we needed to go and do something fun as a family. So we put together our tinfoil dinners, packed a few things in my back pack and off we went. We went for a nice hike and then made a fire so we could cook our dinner. It was a lot of fun! I hiked with Mikkel in a front pack and then the back pack on my back. Kris had Mikayla in hiking pack too. The girls had a lot of fun and gobbled up their dinner. Who can resist potatoes and carrots cooked in a fire?! It started to get dark so Kris and I packed our dinners home and ate them once the girls were bathed and sleeping. It was such a fun hike. Mikkel ate rocks and Mikayla loved hiking. Kris and Mikayla sang all the way back to the car and Mikkel zonked out...I guess all that hiking wore her out! I LOVE living here where we can go out and do things like this. The fresh air, beautiful mountains, great company...nothing gets better than this!!! My wonderful parents gave us a park pass this year and we are already planning trips to the Grand Canyon and Zion. We haven't been to Bryce much so we would also like to go there this summer. Oh, I'm just so excited for the warm summer months when we can hike, camp, swim... Enjoy the pictures! Mom and Dad these picture are primarily for you and you don't say much. Hopefully you are enjoying these updates and pictures of the girls! bsly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at your blog at least twice a day. I look too see if there is anything new and I look just to look at the girls cute faces, your new look and at how happy Kris is when he is with his favorit girls. SLY mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I just figured out if I post anonymous I can post, let me try something else. mom

Jon and Janice said...

one more thing