Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fun Random Shots...



Well, here is a little slide show of some of our newest pictures. We have been enjoying the weather and just enjoying being together. There are some pictures in the slide show that are from the day that the four of us went out to hunt for 'Brigham Tea'. Kris likes to drink Brigham Tea so he goes and collects it to bring home and make. The weather was really cold that day and it even started to snow. We were all bundled up but we were still cold. It was a fun outing. Then there was the day that we went on a hike with Trish Jones, and her kids and Hadin and Daxton. We went for a little hike that was a lot shorter than I thought. The kids started to get whinny and wanted to go home so we did. We enjoyed it while it lasted! The weather that day was really nice.

Our girls are just growing up so fast and making so many changes. Mikayla loves to talk and does it all the time. I thought maybe once she started talking more she wouldn't sign as much but she has started signing even more. It's been fun. She wakes up in the mornings and the first thing she says (I can hear her in the baby monitor) is, "Pooh, Tigger where are you?" She has some little stuffed Winnie the Pooh characters and has to have them in bed with her. She likes elephants and when she says the word it comes out like, "El-pant". There was one day she was strapped in her chair at the table and she yelled out, "JEANA, HELP ME!". I was really surprised she said my first name because Kris doesn't even call me by my first name (everyone calls me bean). It was really funny! If you ask her where her Grandma and Grandpa are she will say, "Russia - no home" meaning that they aren't home (downstairs) but that they are in Russia. And just last night while driving in the car Mikkel sneezed and we herd Mikayla say, "Bless you". It's so fun to hear all the words that she is picking up on. Oh, also, Mikayla is official sleeping in a 'big-girl-bed'. She had not trouble transitioning and does really well. She fell off once but didn't wake up. I went in to check on her and she was curled up on the floor sleeping. I picked her up, put her back in bed and she went right back to sleep. Mikkel and Mikayla share a room and they seem to really like that.

Mikkel is very mobile but not actually crawling. She scoots, pushes, pulls and all sorts of tricky things but doesn't crawl. I stood her up yesterday so she could stand and hold on to the side of the bed and she stood there for a long time. She can kind of pull herself up but that one is still a work in progress. She is eating all kinds of food and doesn't seem to have any dislikes. Mikayla eats just about anything. She's not a picky eater (which is VERY good). Mikkel is sleeping through the night and that is wonderful!

Kris is working hard as usually. When he's not work working, he is doing his assignments for his class. He has one more week left of this first class. He has done really well and just loves it!!! He is almost done with his Associates and then will be moving onto his Bachelors and then eventually his Masters.

As for me...I'm loving my Stay-at-Home Job...MOM...and wouldn't want it any other way. I love my girls so much and it's a blessing to be able to be with them all day. Of course I enjoy my time away once in a while.

Well, that is a little up-date on what we are all up to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good pictures Bean, oh how fun it is to see the kids grow and learn. They are just so cute, and you and Kris are just great parents. You are such good examples to them. I wish I could hug and squeeze those cute little girls. Keep talking about us so they can't forget about us.

SLY mom

Scott & Jennifer said...

Fabulous new pictures! I love seeing and hearing all the new stuff you and the kids are up to!

SLY