It has been over a month since I have added anything to our blog. With the holidays being so busy and having all my family around I didn't do any updating. So, now I'm back at it and am going to add a new post.
December was a lot of fun. My whole family was here in Kanab for Christmas and it was great! Jennifer (my older sister) and her husband and cute dog Maddie came down from Pleasant Grove. They were here for over a week. They moved to Louisanna the first of the year. Joni (my younger sister) and her husband and two kids were here from California. They were here for about two weeks. And of course my adventurous parents who can't stay in one spot for too long were here also. We enjoyed a nice Christmas together! While everyone was here we had family pictures. With Jennifer moving to Louisanna, Joni, in California, my parents in Russia, and me here in Utah we won't be seeing a lot of each other so we thought it would be nice to have some current family pictures of everyone together. I'll include some pictures. A friend of mine who lives in Kanab does photography and she did the pictures for us and they turned out pretty cute. Also, while we were all together we went through boxes of old stuff from back in the day (our childhood memories). My parents worked really hard to get the house all fixed up nice for everyone to be here. They remodeled bedrooms, bathrooms, and did a lot of fixing up so that the house was comfortable and warm!
Now that the holidays are over and everyone is gone (except my parents but they leave tomorrow Jan. 20th) and life is some what back to normal Kris and I are planning and preparing for our next little girl to come. We have a lot of organizing and cleaning that we want to do. One big thing we'd like to do is to dejunk our stuff. We have so much 'stuff' that we just need to go through. Most of it will be stuff to just throw away or send to the D.I. We are very excited about this new year. We'll have two little girls to enjoy it with. Mikayla is growing up so fast and is going to make a great big sister. Kris and I have set a few New Year resolutions. One thing we are going to be better at this year is Date night. Every week we plan on doing something together as a couple. With kids, life gets busy and it's easy to not spend time together as a couple and we don't want that to happen. So, we have firgured out a plan so that we have date night every week. Kris did a fun date night a few weeks ago. He had planned on going out in a dark open space to look at stars. He had printed off a constulation sheet so that we could find the constulation. He had all the fixings for hot chocolate ready and everything. While we were driving out to find a good spot to lay down a blanket it started to rain. Instead of looking at stars and having hot chocolate, we found a nice spot to park and we drank our hot chocolate and listened to rain pitter-patter on the car. It was nice. My parents watched Mikayla and it sounds like they had fun, even thought Mikayla was suppose to be sleeping. She seems to know when we leave and she wakes up and plays with Grandpa Jon and Grandma J. I'm glad she loves them!
Well, I don't want to keep rambling so I'll be done for now. Have a great new year and Keep in touch.
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a good holiday. The family pictures are so cute! I think Kris needs to get with Vern and teach him some things about taking his wife on a date! He seems to always be doing fun, creative or romantic things for you. That's neat. We will call you guys next time we're in town for more than a few hours. Hope you guys are doing good!
Take care,
Jen
I'm with Jennifer Spencer...Kris should hold seminars on dating. :-) AND/OR He could set up a business, and men or women could hire him to plan dates. AND/OR since he knows how to web sites now, he could start a website for dating ideas. :-)
Love ya'all!!
Post a Comment